The multilingual Application Portal Tony Elumelu Foundation, 2020 TEF Entrepreneurship Programme is open
Tony O. Elumelu, CON, Founder, Tony Elumelu Foundation and Dr Awele Elumelu, Trustee, Tony Elumelu Foundation bordered by African Entrepreneurs at the Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Forum.
- Creating a Personalized Entrepreneurship Journey for Applicants and also Greatly Increased Access to Programme and also Knowledge Base
- Sixth Year of Programme and also Tenth Anniversary of Foundation see Significant Enhancements to the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme
- Applications made with TEFConnect, Africa’s largest digital entrepreneurship network
The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) has opened its application site (www.tefconnect.com) for applications from African entrepreneurs throughout all African countries, for the TEF 2020 cohort of the Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme. In 2019, 3,050 African entrepreneurs gained from the Programme, this number is set to meaningfully increase in 2020.
The TEF Entrepreneurship Programme is open to start-up entrepreneurs, with businesses or cutting-edge business ideas that have actually remained in existence for less than 3 years, in any industry or sector, throughout Africa.
The Programme is the $100 million commitment by Tony O. Elumelu, an African investor as well as philanthropist, to encourage 10,000 entrepreneurs in 10 years, with the goal of creating numerous work and also brand-new revenue streams on the continent.
The program applies Mr Elumelu’s Africapitalism approach, which places the private sector as the driver for African economic transformation, as well as a financial investment technique that values the creation of both economic and social wealth.
In the ceremony of its 10th year anniversary, the TEF Foundation will certainly reveal more enhancements to the Programme, providing extra benefits to Africa’s rapidly expanding young people.
The modifications in the 2020 TEF Entrepreneurship Programme emphasise a tailored entrepreneurship journey for each applicant and also opening the platform to ensure a greater number of people are trained, hereby enhancing the Programme’s influence as well as reach.
In just five years of its existence, the Programme has empowered over 9,000 recipients from all 54 African nations, with training, mentorship and seed funding.
Talking at the launch of the 2020 TEF Entrepreneurship Programme, Ifeyinwa Ugochukwu, CEO of the Tony Elumelu Foundation, stated: “Transforming Africa starts with encouraging and empowering our young African entrepreneurs.
With the current enhancements made to our Programme as well as our growing list of partners, the Tony Elumelu Foundation is meaningfully increasing its influence across the continent.
We urge all startup African business owners across the 54 African countries to apply for the Programme, as we continue to empower the greatest ideas that will create the much-needed work and revenue on the continent”.
2020 TEF Entrepreneurship Programme New Approach
The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme, TEF 2020 Entrepreneurship Programme commenced on 1st January 2020 with a lot of changes made to the Programme cycle.
Here is a summary of the changes made to the TEF 2020 Entrepreneurship Programme.
- Application starts January 1, 2020 – March 1, 2020.
- Onboarding Beings March 1, 2020.
- 8weeks Training April – May
- Pitching – June
- Selection process – TEF Forum (July)
Summary Of Application Workflow
From April – May is the 8 weeks Training (formerly 12weeks)
After the 8 weeks training (at the end of the 8weeks training you will be score base on your Answers and performers during the training). The best among you will be shortlisted to pitch your idea (either through video pitch or live pitch base on geolocation)
- Shortlist will be based on training performance score.
- The configured scoring module will be as below:
- Test Questions (weight: 40)
- Interaction on TEFConnect (weight: 50)
- This includes attendance to webinars, response to surveys, activity on TEFConnect
- Mentor Engagement (weight: 10)
- Top-performing entrepreneurs will be shortlisted to physically pitch their ideas to a panel of judges
- Entrepreneurs may be allowed to send in video pitches in approved geo-locations
Pitching & Selection
- Pitching will happen in all 54 African countries (may be refined based on management’s decision)
- Pitching can be done in English, French, Portuguese or Arabic Selection
- You will be scored during the pitching process.
- only those that perform well during the 8weeks training, will be shortlisted to pitch and have a chance to be selected.
Selection – TEF Forum (July)
selection process will be based on top performers by the aggregation of scores
- 8 Weeks training scores
- Pitch phases score
- Top performers will be selected for the seed capital.
The multilingual Application Portal is open on TEFConnect.com, the digital networking system for African entrepreneurs, from January 1 to March 1, 2020.
Instructions On Filling the 2020 TEF Entrepreneurship Programme Application Form
Please read the following carefully before embarking on filling the application form
This assessment is divided into four (4) sections and would require approximately 60 minutes to complete.
- Sections 1 & 2 require your bio-data and business data
- Sections 3 & 4 are timed personality & Cognitive assessment questions.
It is recommended that you take the assessment in an environment free of distractions and with optimal concentration.
You will also be required to upload a form of ID (international passport, driver’s license, Residency or Citizen’s Card, Voters Card, Tax ID). Please have your chosen form of ID scanned and ready for upload in .pdf, .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .gif or .doc format before you begin.
Also, note that you are to answer all questions and you can only take Sections 3 & 4 assessment once.
Automatic Disqualiﬁcation criteria
- Applicants under 18years of age
- Applicants who have received the TEF seed capital in previous years.
The Application Portal closes on March 1, 2020, Click here to apply: TEFConnect.com
Our team will put up some tips on how to fill the TEF 2020 application including the questions to guide you accordingly. Kindly bookmark this page and check back for details and updates
Get tips on how to answer the TEF 2020 Application Questions Here
Sharing is Caring!